I acquired a new griddle pan over Christmas, and now I’m finally test driving it.
First up: pesto grilled cheese.
What you need:
- 2 slices of bread
- fresh mozzarella cheese
- pesto sauce (I use a cilantro pesto instead of basil)
- nonstick spray
Makes 1 awesome sandwich.
- Butter one side of each of the slices of bread. On the unbuttered side of one slice, place several slices of mozzarella, spread pesto on top, and top with second slice of bread (butter side up)
- Heat up griddle and spray with nonstick spray.
- Once the griddle is hot, place sandwich on grill. Press down with a spatula and enjoy that sweet sweet grilling noise. Once the bottom slice is brown and crispy, flip sandwich. Press down with spatula.
- Remove sandwich from griddle when bread is a satisfactory level of toasted, and cheese is melty. Cut into triangles and enjoy.